Conversion by truncation (Wa Re: No "damage"?)

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Tue Sep 13 14:45:11 UTC 2011

Maybe so, but that didn't stop "privates" from ending up with two rather different meanings as a truncated convert.  Presumably context will disambiguate here, as they would be with "All the privates were on display".

LH