as well = 'either'

Arnold Zwicky zwicky at STANFORD.EDU
Tue Sep 13 16:32:40 UTC 2011

On Sep 13, 2011, at 9:12 AM, Wilson Gray wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 11:46 AM, Jonathan Lighter
> <wuxxmupp2000 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> everybody now seems to say "is is."
>
> What it is is that I am pleased to consider myself a pioneer in the
> development and spread of this feature. NOT!
>
> Ever since a friend, ca. 1977, pointed out to me that I'm an "is is"
> speaker, I've "struggled mightily," to coin a phrase, to kick the
> habit.

the sentence you wrote has the sequence "is is" in it, but it's not an instance of what's been written about under the name Isis, "double is", "is is", etc.  it's perfectly standard.  see the discussion here:

AZ, 2/22/07: Labels Are Not Definitions:
 http://itre.cis.upenn.edu/~myl/languagelog/archives/004227.html