firm believer that

Sun Sep 18 01:35:26 UTC 2011

I appreciate all the quick responses. Must be a slow Saturday night around the globe, not just here in Seattle :)

"that pigs can fly" is the object of the verb "believe."

Ordinarily, you would expect "believer that" to be used in a sentence like "I'm a believer that loves to imagine things."

"I'm a believer that pigs can fly" seems odd keeping that in mind.

I think this has to be chalked up to idiomatic usage.

BB