Engineering amazing

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Sep 18 14:23:29 UTC 2011

The gerund notion is about verbs being used as nouns. This appears to be an
adjective used as a noun.

If I had to make a semantic distinction - which Lexus probably didn't - I' d
say that
to engineer "amazing" (adj. > n.) means to engineer that which is amazing,
while to engineer "amazing" (v. > n.) means to engineer the word "amazing."
That is, if it means anything I can comprehend at all.

Of course, you can  finesse the whole thing by claiming that "amazing" is a
mere routine truncation of "amazing things," but it sure doesn't feel that
way to me.

JL