"=?windows-1252?Q?=85_?=brag about _his_/herself" [NC]; _drop_ = "opioid in pill form."

Eric Nielsen ericbarnak at GMAIL.COM
Thu Sep 22 08:59:28 UTC 2011

Many years ago I viewed an early 1900's Botanicals collection, and I was
struck by the fact that the "pills" in an opium vial were spherical--unlike
the flattened pills we see today. Closer to the shape of today's cough
drops.
Of course, " a drop of opium" would often refer to liquid drop of a
tincture.

I found this example on Google Images:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3180/2848330393_fa9ccda89d.jpg

 Eric