"hubris" = exaggeration, boasting (or something)

Fri Sep 23 16:23:43 UTC 2011

“Consumers are desperate to break through the marketing *hubris *to
understand, ' What am I really going to get when I get there?' ” Mr. Botts
said *... *
*
*
*NY Times, September 22, 2011, section B, p. 8
*

*From an article in yesterday's (Thursday's) NY Times Business section, on
Oyster.com, a website that offers reviews of hotels, resorts, &c.  The
reviews are written by a staff of paid reviewers, not by guests (or by
hotel-keepers posing as guests), and it seems that its reviewers will try to
take photographs similar to those used in the resort's flyers or website, if
the resort's photo misrepresents its subject -- as, perhaps, a photo showing
a nearly empty beach (because it was taken at 6:30 in the morning).  *
*Mr. Botts is "a managing partner" of "an advisory firms dedicated to the
travel industry.*
*
*
*GAT*
--
George A. Thompson
Author of A Documentary History of "The African Theatre", Northwestern Univ.