believe you me in oed

Fri Sep 23 21:21:01 UTC 2011

Here is "Believe thou me" in 1805, I think
.
The Piccolomini's: A Drama In Five Acts from the German of Schiller
[Friedrich Schiller]
http://books.google.com/books?id=3EoHAAAAQAAJ&q=%22believe+thou%22#v=snippet&

We've found, thank heaven each other! together will we cling,
Firm, and for ever. -  Believe thou me, that this,
Is more for us than ever they intended.