up the yin-yang

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Sep 26 14:07:47 UTC 2011

"Out the ying-yang" means even more abundantly provided.

HDAS secret files have both forms in print from the early '70s, with
somebody on _Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In_ being called "you ying-yang" in
1969.

"_Ying-yang_ appears to have referred to various below-the-belt anatomical
features from the '50s.

GB finds a 1968 "up the ying-yang" in what's evidently a Korean War context.
Since Yin and Yang are principle features of the South Korean flag, this
doesn't surprise me.

FWIW, the Japanese Hinomaru emblem, the red disk that appears on the
national flag and on Japanese aircraft, was sometimes referred to during
WWII as the "flaming asshole."

By the same people who spoke of FSOT.

JL