Sports writers to be replaced by 'bots

Dan Goncharoff thegonch at GMAIL.COM
Mon Sep 26 14:09:38 UTC 2011

True, unless the world is less interested in the professional individual's take.

Look at news photography. The combination of vast digital databases of
stock footage and the ubiquity of amateurs with digital cameras has
replaced the professional photographer for most purposes.

Most sports stories are nothing more than a recitation of the facts of
the contest with some satisfying emotional language. It isn't hard
today to program sports writing for most events.

DanG