“If I had a nickel for every time I heard it, I’ d probably be a millionaire.”

Dan Goncharoff thegonch at GMAIL.COM
Mon Sep 26 19:35:51 UTC 2011

An older take from the NYTimes, Oct. 5, 1988:

"There has recently come into the home of one of the wealthiest of New
Hampshire's citizens a baby, who was born with a silver spoon in its
mouth if ever a child was. Every attention that luxury can give is its
portion. The other day some men from Concord were doing work at the
house, and the proud father called their attention to his child. One
of the party was a blunt-spoken Irishman, and to the interrogation,
"What do you think of that?" said, "Bedad, if I had such care as that
when I was a baby I'd be a millionaire myself!" -- Concord Monitor

DanG