Word for an Internet-enabled computing device

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Sep 26 21:49:26 UTC 2011

I just saw references to "appliance" in Wired, PC Mag and a few other
places just this week (current articles). So the "out of use" claim is
at best exaggerated. I also just sent out another message with a brief
explanation. That part of Wiki description is just wrong. On the other
hand, AFAICT it has now been truncated to just "appliance", which, I
suspect, is slightly more preferable to "device".

VS-)