rents - parents

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Thu Sep 29 12:44:14 UTC 2011

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 4:29 AM, Damien Hall <D.Hall at kent.ac.uk> wrote:
> 'za' ('pizza')

Is there an accepted phonetics, yet? I've *heard* both [tsa] - first
as used by the actor who voices the Britspeaking "Stewie Griffin" -
but since heard in the wild, and [za].

FWIW, my intuition, well, WAG, is that [za] is a "corrected"
spelling-pronunciation. I *hope* that, at least. Initial [ts] in
English as spoken by the polloi* is to die for.

*A Phd/DD on another site argued strenuously, over several posts, that
"_the_ polloi" is the proper English form, given _hoi_ "the." I
thought that he was joking.

He was serious.

Youneverknow.

--