AP Reporter Responds To Chris Hayes Panel Debate On Racism Of Droppin=?UTF-8?Q?=E2=80=99_G=E2=80=99s_?=From Obama Speech

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Thu Sep 29 16:32:11 UTC 2011

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 11:31 AM, Dan Goncharoff <thegonch at gmail.com> wrote:
> Isn't that the question being asked of the President, who, after all,
> dropped his 'g's when talking to a Black sudience?

I may be mistaken, but I don't recall that code-switching is regarded
as notable and even questionable, when the mayor of Los Angeles speaks
before Chicano groups in Spanish. Is that because he's only a mayor,
whereas Obama is the President?

Or is it because the mayor of Los Angeles, though ethnically Chicano,
is racially white (enough), whereas Obama, though ethnically black, is
racially black (PLEASE don't try to hand me that socially- and
politically-meaningless "mixed" lie!), just another biggety nigger
whose every thought, word, and deed can be challenged for any reason
whatever by any white man who merely feels like having a little fun at
that coon's expense?

Surely, you can't pretend that it's otherwise, even to yourself.

"Liberty and justice for _all_"?

Don't make my cry. You simply have not the slightest idea of where it's at.

--
-Wilson
-----