hobo synonymous with panhandler or beggar

paul johnson paulzjoh at MTNHOME.COM
Sun Apr 1 01:52:04 UTC 2012

paul johnson
at 77 years old, growing up in Chicago. a hobo was a man who rode the
rails maybe a bum but usually an itinerant worker. When did they stop
selling the Hobo News?

On 3/31/2012 8:13 PM, Dan Nussbaum wrote:
> My wife informs me that her Middle School students consider hobo to be synonymous with panhandler or beggar.
>

> I would like to know what this esteemed list serve thinks.
>

> Dan Nussbaum

“One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that
you end up being governed by your inferiors.” Plato