shopping list (1852)

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Mon Apr 2 13:55:57 UTC 2012

Since shopping began in the 1740s (well, some historians say it took
off then) and "shopping" dates in the OED from 1764, I wonder if
"shopping list" can be found earlier than 1852 in Early American
Newspapers, or the Burney Collection of British newspapers, or
British periodicals such as the Gentleman's Magazine.  (My limited
access to EAN from home yields no positives -- true or false.)

Joel