When is an Astronaut not an Astronaut?

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Apr 4 20:58:26 UTC 2012

Although the attack is undoubtedly political, the formality is in the
question whether being an astronaut is a "profession" and therefore
would be limited by California law only to the last three year preceding
the election. I am wondering if a lawyer who spend a few years as a
judge were running for another office four or more years after stepping
down from the judgeship, would the opponents insist that the word
"judge" cannot be mentioned in the candidate's biography. Governor,
senator and judge are only some of the permanent titles that don't go
away even after leaving office. I would think "astronaut", although not
a title, would have the same property. Obviously, Republican lawyers in
California disagree.

     VS-)