protest = 'demonstrate in public to draw attention to'

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Apr 5 02:37:59 UTC 2012

This evening CNN reported on a woman who "protested female membership in
the Augusta National."

That means she was for it.

Earlier this week, a gentleman explained that after fathering an autistic
child, he'd become "a big advocate for the disease."

That means he's against it.

JL