responding back

Cohen, Gerald Leonard gcohen at MST.EDU
Tue Apr 10 14:13:58 UTC 2012

Looks like a blend: "We look forward to responding to you" + "We look forward to getting back to you"
(possibly with the additional influence of "We look forward to calling you back.")

Gerald Cohen

Original message from David Barnhart, Tue 4/10/2012 8:47 AM

I received a message from a "customer service" automatic response to a
query.  In it the machine said "we look forward to responding back to you."
Is that idiomatic English?  I don't think I'd use that turn of phrase.

<snip>