"taint", anatomical

Arnold Zwicky zwicky at STANFORD.EDU
Fri Apr 13 13:47:44 UTC 2012

On Apr 13, 2012, at 6:23 AM, Jonathan Lighter wrote:

> I've seen "grundle" in recent slang dictionaries but nowhere else.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perineum:

In human anatomy, the perineum ... is a region of the body including the perineal body and surrounding structures. There is some variability in how the boundaries are defined, but the term generally includes the genitals and anus.

... A wide variety of slang terms are commonly used for this area of the human body, most commonly "chode," "gooch," or "taint," or even "the spot where God sewed us up" but they generally refer to a smaller, less inclusive area -- just the surface skin region between the anus and the scrotum or vaginal opening.