millionaire (UNCLASSIFIED)

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Apr 17 23:43:46 UTC 2012

I think the underlying difficulty is primarily that "persons who make at
least a million dollars a year" takes too long to write or say.
"Millionaire" is shorter.  "Tycoon" is shorter still, but its associations
with great wealth, economic power, and conspicuous consumption may make it
seem a bit slanted.  It may sound slightly dated as well - like "playboy."

JL