chair/ -man/ -woman

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Apr 18 15:31:07 UTC 2012

Now that I think of it, I can recall (1980s) when "Chairwoman" was a no-no
because it sounded kind of like "Charwoman."

That may have started as a joke (I hope so), but the woman who mentioned it
to me seemed quite serious.  She preferred "Chair."

JL