Possible antedating of uptalk

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Apr 20 15:54:36 UTC 2012

HDAS II provides no less than four exx. of "motorscooter" in the sense
indicated, the primary from "Alley Oop" (1960).

I had a friend in grad school (mid '70s) who used it.

 IIRC, there were T-shirts in the late '70s featuring an R. Crumb drawing
of an R.-Crumb-type woman, accompanied by the line from the song.

JL