FW: Even more antedating of The Dictionary of Modern Proverbs

Sun Apr 22 02:00:29 UTC 2012

Very fine work by Barry. Thanks for sharing this Jerry. The movie
quote is excellent, and the 1881 cite for "The dinner bell is always
in tune" in the following form is quite nice:

De dinner-bell’s always in chune.

The Dictionary of Modern Proverbs is a magnificent reference that was
assembled over a period of years. Everyone should buy one!

Garson