today's CNN miscellany

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Apr 22 22:20:39 UTC 2012

I wasn't suggesting that "rock on" is essentially new, but in the past I've
heard it only in the imperative.

Baseball was simply the subject of the next story.

Similarly, "topper" used to mean a top hat (OED 1820-1905). Not headgear in
general. The HDAS files can probably antedate this, but I'm too indolent to
look.

JL