OT: "looked anything like" as hyponegation

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Apr 23 04:13:14 UTC 2012

OK... this is how typos happen. I was thinking fourth and thought I was
writing fourth, but actually wrote "third". No excuse, really, but this
is what happened. A few months ago, AZ caught me in what appeared like a
hyponegation (no reason to look it up really), but, in reality, it was
not a deliberate hyponegation--I simply failed to type "not", which
happens occasionally when you type faster than the keyboard can respond.
(no, seriously, I am having frequent problems with this keyboard with
missing characters and entire short words--I usually take the pain to
catch and correct, but not always) This is why I said that in one
instance an apparent hypocorrection may just be ephemeral. But, in this
case, we clearly have a trend.

The reason I said that the third division winner is guaranteed home
field for first round is because that's what ESPN said last night. I was
not saying it because it's confusing--it's either right or wrong, but I
was relying on someone else's authority. I am aware of the rule change
in general--however, this season is not being played by regular rules,
because it's been shortened because of the lockout. So I don't actually
know what's happening with the home-field situation (nor do I really
care about the outcome). I suppose, I can find out for sure.

http://goo.gl/nYRVf
> What remains to be decided is where the series will open. As Atlantic
> Division champions, the Celtics will be the No. 4 seed, but home-court
> advantage is determined by overall record, meaning the No. 5 Hawks can
> still host the series.
> By sending out a junior varsity lineup on Friday night in a
> head-to-head matchup with Atlanta, the Celtics have essentially stated
> they don't care who lands home-court advantage, preferring to err on
> the side or rest and health over opening the series in Boston.

Of course, now I can't find the article that had it wrong.

     VS-)