twenty-twenty hindsight

Wed Apr 25 04:05:12 UTC 2012

Here is a variant in 1947: "their hindsight is notably 20-20."

Cite: 1947, United States Congress, Hearings of 80th Congress, First
Session, House of Representatives, Subcommittee of the Committee on
Interstate and Foreign Commerce, Boxcar Shortages, Meeting Held July
18, 1947, Start Page 89, Quote Page 90, Government Printing Office,
Washington, D.C. (HathiTrust full view)
http://hdl.handle.net/2027/mdp.35112104234366
http://hdl.handle.net/2027/mdp.35112104234366?urlappend=%3Bseq=1664

[Begin excerpt]
To answer this I need only to direct your attention to the numerous
inquiries that have been made by both the Congress and the Commission
during the past half century. The evidence is overwhelming that their
hindsight is notably 20-20.
[End excerpt]

Garson