Question about Kindle version of The Dictionary of Modern Proverbs

Wed Apr 25 06:31:05 UTC 2012

Amazon says it has "The Dictionary of Modern Proverbs" in stock.
Amazon also lists a publication date of May 22, 2012. So apparently
the book is on sale early. (More evidence that publication dates are
fictional.)

I wish to purchase a Kindle version so I can search this fundamental
reference quickly electronically. (I am assuming that the Kindle text
will  be searchable.) But when I click on the Kindle link the
following message is shown:

This title will be auto-delivered to your Kindle on May 22, 2012.

Has anyone purchased the Kindle version? Is this message accurate? Is
the Kindle version embargoed while the paper version is being sold?

Garson