Pushback?

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Apr 25 16:48:12 UTC 2012

In my experience, "push back" (as a verb) quickly became common in the news
after Nine-Eleven. I recall the unspeakable Ward Churchill talking about
the Third World "pushing back" at last against the United States.

The noun is rather more recent.

JL