Fwd: another SOTA or two (and The Good Wife)

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Wed Apr 25 19:00:44 UTC 2012

Begin forwarded message:

> From: "Hunter, Lynne R CIV SPAWARSYSCEN-PACIFIC, 71700" <lynne.hunter at NAVY.MIL>
> Date: April 25, 2012 2:23:46 PM EDT
> To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
> Subject: Re: another SOTA or two (and The Good Wife)

My "too fifedoms" was an error of my own.  What she said was "too many fifedoms."  But yes, I assume the actor made the mistake, but also the director, who certainly could have informed her that even on "The Good Wife", "fief" rhymes with "thief", and done a second take.

> Also interesting how the judge who was on trial spoke on two or three
> occasions of a "desert island" but later switched to (more recent
> vintage?) "deserted island."
>
> Lynne Hunter

Yes, I noticed that too.  Curious.

LH