rebel yell and yeehaw

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Apr 26 02:09:23 UTC 2012

Just got back from a living-room screening of John Ford's Civil War
movie _The Horse Soldiers_ (1960).

The rebel yell here is emphatically "Yow! Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow! Yow! Ow!" etc.

Nary a "yee-hah" to be heard.

Even when people are whoopin' up their horses, they yell "Yah! Yah!"

Not "yee-hah!"

JL