OT: German identification with/appropriation of civil rights movement/Black power movement was Re: antedating banjo (UNCLASSIFIED)

Dan Nussbaum yekkey at AOL.COM
Fri Apr 27 20:56:09 UTC 2012

I do! I do!  Tanganyika!  (Now folded into Tanzania, and later wrested from
Germany by the British, maybe as a result of WWI.  And no, I don't remember
about this from my childhood, but from my years studying Swahili at UCLA.)

Togo and Namibia also. I believe some descendants of the original German colonists are still around. Ironically, as I remember it, most Africans considered the Germans better masters than the French, Belgian and English.

Dan Nussbaum