OT: German identification with/appropriation of civil rights movement/Black power movement was Re: antedating banjo (UNCLASSIFIED)

W Brewer brewerwa at GMAIL.COM
Sat Apr 28 07:46:30 UTC 2012

Amy West wrote: <<<did not want to be known as Frau Wurst>>>
WB:  <<There once was a man called Koch>>: Why wouldn?t the former mayor of
NYC want to be known as Mr. [cock]? (Hugh G. Dick at UCLA apparently never
had any misgivings about his moniker.) I see Wikipedia has to give us the
IPA for Ed Koch?s preferred rendering (rhyming with SCOTCH). I once got a
business card from a CA building contractor that instructed me to pronounce
it [COACH]. And then some years ago there was actually some guy who tried
to change his name legally to COKE IS IT, but ran into copyright problems.
And, please, let us not drag Biggus Dikkus into this serious discussion.