1947 citing in Archie Comic of "butthole." What did it mean?

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sat Apr 28 11:52:09 UTC 2012

Unfortunately I can't say how common it was to dig a grave for a butt in
WW2 training .

I have only read of it.  Perhaps it only occurred at one base, or perhaps
it was only a legend.  Accurate figures seem not exist.

I like the devil theory more and more. At least it flows effortlessly from
the given..

JL