1947 citing in Archie Comic of "butthole." What did it mean?

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Apr 29 23:46:59 UTC 2012

"Dullville" is a good guess, but AFAIK the adjective isn't recorded till
the beatnik era. (The 1951 exx. I see are nouns, e.g., "runs from Boreburg
to Dullville" [Walter Winchell].)

*If* it existed in 1947, it might have been the sort of word that teenagers
would use.

It's a big *if,* however.  And  "Dullsville" has always been far more
common.

JL