"That bites the big one!"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Apr 30 12:27:09 UTC 2012

In 1959 or '60 I saw kids in a Central Park playground playing Marco Polo
without water.

I don't know if it was the same game otherwise, because I wasn't invited to
play. Ever.

IIRC, one kid faced away with her eyes closed.  Two other kids would try to
sneak up on her.  Somebody yelled "Marco!" Somebody yelled "Polo!"  The two
kids would freeze.

Who'd want to play a stupid game like that anyway?  I had better things to
do! _I'd_ show them!

JL