another SOTA (the Lyons meet the Jones)

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Mon Apr 30 16:39:15 UTC 2012

On Apr 30, 2012, at 12:23 PM, Charles C Doyle wrote:

> I was going to ask whether anyone says (or writes) "keeping up with the Jones."  But I discover that thousands and thousands of Googlefolk do.
>
> --Charlie

There are even 153 actual google hits for "keeping up with the Joans", although I'm not sure how many of them involve reanalysis.  (Some have to do with Joan of Arc, so I suspect intentional puns.)
If you search on this string, Google will helpfully ask you if you meant "keeping up with the Jones".

LH