bell curve

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Aug 7 16:15:59 UTC 2012

Charlie's got it right. I can attest to that usage from at least 1970.

Usually, though, I think the speakers assume that there's some kind or
arcane mathematical analysis involved before you simply raise the grade to
something they like better.

JL