Exhibit at Morgan Library in New York reportedly contains important information about Winston Churchill anecdote/quotation

Wed Aug 8 05:26:56 UTC 2012

The Morgan Library and Museum in New York currently is presenting an
exhibition called "Churchill: The Power of Words". It runs from June 8
through September 23, 2012. An email correspondent told me that the
exhibit includes a letter that discusses the famous anecdote involving
George Bernard Shaw and Winston Churchill. Here is one version of the
celebrated dialog:

Shaw: I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play;
bring a friend - if you have one.
Churchill: Cannot possibly attend first night; will attend second - if
there is one.
http://quoteinvestigator.com/2012/03/25/two-tickets-shaw/

The recent visitor to the exhibit emailed me and stated that: "The
Churchill exhibit contains correspondence indicating that this
exchange did not occur." He also stated that: "One of the letters is
from the late 1940's from a playwright (Coward or Shaw??). Can't
recall."

Has any list member seen this exhibit? Is anyone planning to see this exhibit?

The library has been directly contacted, and I will try to follow this
avenue to gain information. But it would be great if someone could
visit the exhibit and take a cell-phone picture(s) of the letter(s)
and companion description(s) (if the museum allows photographs).

Thanks for any help you can provide,
Garson