Exhibit at Morgan Library in New York reportedly contains important information about Winston Churchill anecdote/quotation

Wed Aug 8 19:31:59 UTC 2012

George: Here is a tale from Bennett Cerf that might be the one you
remember about the "Brothers Shubert" and Walter Winchell who angered
the producers by publishing an unflattering anecdote.

Cite: 1944, Try and Stop Me by Bennett Cerf, Page 192, Simon &
Schuster, New York. (Verified on paper)

The producers promptly barred Winchell from all their theatres. It was
a spectacular feud. "I can't go to their openings, eh?" said Winchell.
"Okay. I'll wait three days and go to the closings." The Marx Brothers
disguised him in false whiskers, dark glasses, and a putty nose one
night and introduced him to Lee Shubert back-stage as their long-lost
uncle. The Shuberts finally gave up the battle. They couldn't take it
any more