From The Hot Word:

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Wed Aug 15 01:25:53 UTC 2012

http://hotword.dictionary.com/lojban/

'... “you’re” and “your” sound identical ...'

Is this true of any speaker here? I use "yure" and "yore," resp.
Though a lot of other speakers also use this pattern or its r-less
variants, there are also those who, annoyingly :-), use "yore" and
"yure," resp. But, I haven't noticed that the two fall together for
any speakers. Surely, there *are* speakers of whom THW's claim is
true, else he wouldn't have made it. But, his careless assumption that
he's describing the standard, hence, no need to point out the
direction of the assimilation, bites the big one.

A commentater, "Dicky," writes,

"BTW ..., “you’re” and “your” are not supposed to be pronounced the
same (except maybe in the southern U.S.A.). “You’re” should be
pronounced ‘yu•err’ and “your” pronounced ‘yorr.’ The word “they’re”
is pronounced ‘thay•err’ and “there” pronounced ‘thær.’ If we would
pronounce the words properly, maybe more people would get the spelling
correct."

By coincidence, Dicky describes the phonetics of my dialect -
naturally, I resent his uncalled-for slur against the South. However,
I'm no longer under the impression that my dialect is the standard to
which others would, if they weren't, for some unknown reason, trying
to piss me off, adhere.

--
-Wilson
-----