Margalit Fox and "parts were considerably younger"

Thu Aug 16 08:04:57 UTC 2012

Joel S. Berson wrote:

> A correspondent and movie buff says to me that the line "She was 90,
> although parts of her were considerably younger" can be found in
> "Mama Mia".  Can anyone pick that up?
>
> If so, is Fox's sin as great as Zakaria's?  Do we have to ask the New
> York Times to prepend a correction?

IMDB lists an exchange in the movie Mama Mia which contained a similar
joke. I have not verified this dialog in the audio track of the movie.
Some quotations listed on IMDB are inaccurate. Indeed, two slightly
different versions are given on the webpage.

Memorable quotes for Mamma Mia!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0795421/quotes

Rosie: Excuse me, I have a senor citizen with me. Thank You
Rosie: My mother needs a perch.
Tanya: Mother? We're the same age.
Rosie: Yeah. Well, parts of us are.

Garson