artificial, n.

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Aug 19 19:35:17 UTC 2012

Don't know how they do it, but a sign at the local Trader Joe's (aka _TJ's_
and _Swapper Jack's_) says, "We PRIVATE LABEL lots of name-brand items,
minus the preservatives and artificials."

This smacks of the South-Seas colonialist theme that makes the chain so
popular.  Just who performs the backbreaking labor of sifting the
preservatives and artificals from the huge vats of name-brand? I didn't see
any Melanesians at the registers.

To "private label" is obviously not worth mentioning.

JL