word of the year?

Geoff Nathan geoffnathan at WAYNE.EDU
Mon Aug 20 18:41:13 UTC 2012

At another university, which had a large number of young, somewhat naive Malaysian (overwhelmingly Muslim) linguistics students, my wife was told by a twenty-something girl she was counselling about 'life' that she couldn't get pregnant if the boy was an American (and presumably Christian). So it's not just random congressmen... Sigh... Geoff Geoffrey S. Nathan Faculty Liaison, C&IT and Professor, Linguistics Program http://blogs.wayne.edu/proftech/ +1 (313) 577-1259 (C&IT) +1 (313) 577-8621 (English/Linguistics) ----- Original Message -----