Coinage of "Carjacking" (UNCLASSIFIED)

Douglas G. Wilson douglas at NB.NET
Mon Aug 20 20:12:34 UTC 2012

--

I tend to be skeptical of such claims too.

My quick archive search fails to refute this one. However it seems like
a somewhat natural coinage which might even have been made more than
once independently.

I note that "car jack[ing]" previously had (and still has, I suppose)
another routine sense: a car typically has a 'car jack', designed for
jacking up the/a car, for various purposes such as changing/stealing a
wheel.

-- Doug Wilson