jeah

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Aug 21 07:40:01 UTC 2012

http://goo.gl/oW5ex

U.S. Olympic darling Ryan Lochte has found himself in a strange battle
with Compton rapper MC Eiht, who gained some fame with his 1994 album
/We Come Strapped/ and 2001's /Tha8t'z Gangsta/, over the phrase "Jeah."
Lochte was trying to trademark the term as his own but MC Eiht is
claiming that he was the first one to use it.
/TMZ/ reports that Eiht is insulted by the infringement of a term he
created in 1988. Eiht tells the news service, "Why try and trademark
something his ass didn’t even create? I am mad that he isn’t giving me
proper recognition for taking my saying. He is just disrespectful."
Lochte's manager tells a different tale to /TMZ/. "Ryan has been using
JEAH for years," and "This is the first I have heard of this claim by MC
Eiht."