OT? Is David Brooks channeling Maureen Dowd?

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Wed Aug 29 16:57:16 UTC 2012

For wit in employing the American dialect, I recommend David Brooks's
op-ed column "The Real Romney" in the NYTimes of Tuesday, August 28:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/28/opinion/brooks-the-real-romney.html

I had thought David Brooks was intended as the Times's latest
reincarnation of Arthur Krock, but here he seems to be channeling Maureen Dowd.

(Unless he finds Romney too far to his left, and needs to satirize
him.  But on the day of both his formal nomination and Anne Romney's
exegesis of her husband's realness?)

Joel