Quote: Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Mon Dec 3 01:14:56 UTC 2012

On Dec 2, 2012, at 3:54 PM, Jonathan Lighter wrote:

> Deaf people don't think dancers are insane.
>
> So the proverb should read "by a certain percentage of those who could
> not..."
>
> JL

Or perhaps "Those who were seen dancing were thought mad by those who could not hear the music but would have heard it had they been close enough to hear it with no heavy doors blocking out the music and by those who were deaf and could not feel the vibrations".  Memorable in its own way.

LH