despise, n.

Mohammed Ayman El Shafie m.elshafie at AUCEGYPT.EDU
Fri Dec 7 05:58:22 UTC 2012

:) That's an apotheosis of the atrocities "SHEWN" by our
contemporaries towards the English grammar.
What puzzles me is, why would a speaker choose to use despise as a
noun when the language is overflowing with words that would serve the
purpose, much more accurately than that peculiar transfigurement?
Forgive such a naive question from an imp who still has a long way to
go ere he could dare call himself a man of letters.. :).