"Mouse over NP" > "mouseover" v.

victor steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Dec 7 13:19:47 UTC 2012

In fairly broad use these days... Even Language Log uses it ;-)

Other variants include "Mouseover to see/reveal X" plus the noun,
particularly used as "XX on mouseover".

"adding a mouseover to a link through javascript"

http://goo.gl/HgQRU

"How can I get a mouseover to work for an image inside a table on a static
> page?"

http://goo.gl/0gXFp

The roots are likely in JavaScript "mouseover" and "onmouseover" commands
(derived from X-windows code where it was used somewhat differently). Come
to think of it, I can't see any other reason for its existence.

VS-)