Another "voice" instead of "vocals"

Jeff Prucher jprucher at YAHOO.COM
Mon Dec 10 18:21:51 UTC 2012

>________________________________

I can't guess about the scare quotes around "featured" here, unless the liner notes actually say something like "featuring Keith Emerson on piano and organ". But "on vocals", at least, seems unremarkable to me, and I have no first-hand experience of DJs from that period. If someone is standing on stage, introducing the band, and they say "this is X on drums, Y on bass, and Z on vocals", there's a very nice, easy parallel structure. What else are they going to say for the singer? (Besides "on voice", of course.)

Jeff Prucher